Tuesday, March 4, 2014

TIME TO SLOW DOWN

Cleaning my desk off this morning I found a stack of papers "I'll take care of later". I actually have an entire week to just breathe. Checking my calendar a second time this morning, how did that happen? It is truly God's way of saying, 'I want you to slow down, smell the flowers I've put in your backyard'. Today feels like I've just be awakened from a deep sleep. When I look at the date I lasted posted to my blog I think someone changed it. September? Really?
In one week, three people told me I need to slow down. So, this morning I'm clearing the clutter from my desk. Breathing, deep breaths. And spending lots of time in prayer. I'm calling this my own little time to "Refresh, Revive and Renew". 
Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Soon it will be time to open the windows, and feel the fresh, moist spring air. I can hear the birds singing. 
God doesn't stop the music, He just changes the song.
 

2 comments:

Carol Garvin said...

I was thinking of you on this quiet Sunday morning and realized I hadn't seen any posts from you in a long time, so came to see if I'd missed anything... and here you are. :)

We all need breathing time occasionally, so I'm delighted that you've found "an entire week to just breathe." (It's an appropriate week, too, with spring arriving on Thursday.) I pray you'll be truly refreshed. I've been participating in the month-long March Madness writing project again, trying to shuffle other commitments so as to have more time to indulge in extra writing on a new story. That's one thing that refreshes me. What special things will you be doing just for yourself this week?

Sending love and hugs to you!

Kathryn Neff Perry, PhD, MA, LMHC said...

Thanks so much Carol. I've missed you. I still read your blog but don't always take the time to comment.
I just got home late yesterday afternoon from a two day Christian Retreat north of Tampa where I was the keynote speaker.
I'm a full-time student at Liberty University (on line)-- and classes officially begin again tomorrow. My deep breathing is over ...time to get back to work.
Sending prayers & blessings to you my friend.
Love you,
Katt